Geocoding and Models

This week was all about geocoding and making models in ArcGIS. Patience was also a big part of this week's work. All in all the process was not too hard, just parts of the geocoding was tedious. All of those parts revolved around the address locator not locating an address. Having to look up the locations on another map and try your best to find that same spot on your own map took quite awhile for some of the locations.

On the other hand, making a model took out a ton of the tedious parts of making a map. All the steps that I would normally do were right there in one window and after setting it all up it just took one click and everything was taken care of. I do like working out all of the steps to see my progress, but it was nice not to have to keep up with all of the intermediate data, as the model like to call it, that I usually make. In the long run the model made things more simple, however I still really like fiddling around with the map data and seeing the changes I am making.

So, here is a map that shows just how well my geocoding went: I was able to locate the shortest route around three different stops.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Computer Cartography - Week 1 Introductions

Week 3: Cartography