Week 10

This week was really cool! I got to use some programming language to run tools in ArcGIS and the process was pretty simple. It was very much like coding something on Codeacademy. Playing with the buffer tool was fun because now I can make areas around a point and have them represent something. Before If I had points I had to make the symbol huge to have the color show. This makes comparing certain attributes easier to visualize on a map. The overlays are really cool and simple to use too. Both of those tools are simple to use, and their names make it easy to decide which one you should use. I also can see how using this tools can be tedious if you have to run them, but you are not quite sure of what you want (like 100m buffer or a 150m buffer).

Here's a nice map that I made for a mystery area that highlights some prime campsites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Computer Cartography - Week 1 Introductions