Cartography: Week 3 Intro to Illustrator

This week we started working with adobe illustrator to edit maps that were made in ArcGIS. We were making a map of Florida for a children's encyclopedia. The whole process wasn't too bad, I spent most of my time just working with the tools and figuring out where I needed to click. Things got much easier when I realized I could just select things from the layers window. I added a few educational pictures: the seal of Florida, the state bird and the state flower.

Using Illustrator to make a final product was much easier then trying to finalize things in ArcGIS. I think the product came out looking much more polished than what I usually make in ArcGIS. It will take some time to get use to the tools, but so far I like the program. Here is the map that I made.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Computer Cartography - Week 1 Introductions