Week 4: Sharing is Caring

No picture this week, only a link to my map:


This week I played around with different ways to share maps as well as making my own data. I came up with the Top Ten Things to Do in Orlando, seeing as I have lived here for more than 20 years, I feel that I am some sort of an expert. After coming up with the list, I added the most important information to an excel spreadsheet and then uploaded that to ArcGIS online. I was pretty surprised to see there wasn't any other special program to make the data I needed for a map.

To share the data, I practiced exporting to ArcGIS Online, making map packages, and creating a google earth map. The google earth map was my favorite and it seems like a solid choice to use when giving something to someone who isn't familiar with GIS.

Overall, this was a great week that answered my biggest question: how do you make points on a map if no one else has ever done it. Now I know. Also, I found out that this class touches on programming and I am super excited for that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Computer Cartography - Week 1 Introductions